WAS I WRONG?

THIS MORNING I GAVE MY 6 MONTH OLD A HAIR CUT OR AT LEAST I TRIED TO BY MYSELF . IT WASN'T THE BEST HAIR CUT BEING THAT IT WAS MY FIRST. I RECOGNIZED THAT I DID A CRAPPY JOB BUT I'M TRYING. SO ANYHOW. MY MOM HELPS ME DURING THE WEEK WITH MY SON ON THE DAYS MY HUBBY AND I ARE WORKING. THIS MORNING WHEN MY MOM PICKED HIM UP I TOLD HER I TRIED GIVING HIM A CUT BUT IT WAS DIFFICULT BECAUSE HE KEPT MOVING AND THAT I BOTCHED IT. SO I CALLED HER WHEN I GOT OFF AND ASKED HER IF IT LOOKED BAD AND SHE GOT ALL LOUD SAYING I TRIED TO SCALP HIM AND HOW HE JUST DOESN'T KNOW THAT HE IS LIVING ON A WING AND A PRAYER. I WAS KINDA HURT BY THIS BECAUSE I AM ALREADY SENSITIVE ABOUT ME NOT SEEING HIM MUCH OLNY AT NIGHT AND IN THE MORNING ON THE DAYS WHEN MY HUBBY IS OFF WED. & THUR. AND SUNDAYS. THEN SOMETIMES I GET ANOTHER DAY OFF DURING THE WEEK. WHAT MY MOM SAID MADE ME FEEL LIKE I AM DOING A ROTTEN JOB. SO I DIDN'T YELL AT HER BUT I SAID TO HER THAT IT SOUNDED TO ME AS IF SHE WAS SAYING THAT I DON'T TAKE CARE OF HIM RIGHT. WAS I WRONG TO GET UPSET? I TRIED TO CALL HER TO TALK ABOUT IT BUT SHE SAID THAT I ATTACKED HER WITH MY RESPONSE AND WE BEGAN TO ARGUE ABOUT IT.

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• youre not wrong . it was your first time . if she offers to help because youre trying to provide then let her . dnt feel bad about it . besides shes your mother .. jus tell her to calm down .
    benjaminsmadre

Answer by benjaminsmadre at 6:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Maybe she was joking? I can't imagine why she would get angry with you if she was actually yelling at you about it and you told her it hurt your feelings and she felt like SHE was being attacked. Personally I would NEVER touch my son's hair, lol. I would just be way to scared something would happen. And 6 months seems so young! But what are you asking if you were wrong about? Cutting his hair or talking to your mom? I don't think you were wrong on either. He is your son, if you want to try to cut his hair ok...
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• @ILOVECADE I FELT BAD FOR SAYING SOMETHING TO HER ABOUT WHAT SHE SAID AND NO SHE WASN'T PLAYING. I HAVE TO CUT HIS HAIR BECAUSE IT IS VERY CURLY AND GROWS FAST ON THE TOP BUT NOT THE SIDES LOL SO I CUT IT TO BLEND IT IN WITH THE SIDES. BUT I DIDN'T USE CLIPPERS. BESIDE IT WASN'T HIS FIRST HAIR CUT MY MOM CUT HIS HAIR BEFORE WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME BUT I DIDN'T FLIP OUT ON HER THEN WHEN I PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE.
    jfrancis91680

Comment by jfrancis91680 (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• why did your mother say you tried to scalp him.
    was he hurt in anyway?
    have you done something in the past to make her think you would hurt him?

maybe your mom is a looney, but unless she indeed is, makes me wonder if someone would react that way for no reason.
    Anonymous

• @ANONYMOUS NO SHE IS NOT LOONEY AND NO NOT ONE SCRATCH ON HIM. I CUT HIS HAIR LOW BUT ON ONE SIDE IT IS LOWER BECAUSE HIS MOVED WHEN I WAS SNIPPING HIS HAIR BUT OTHER THAN THAT I HAVE DONE NOTHING TO MY SON THAT COULD CAUSE HIM PAIN OR INJURY. SHE OVER REACTED BEING THE DRAMA MAMA SHE IS.
    jfrancis91680

Comment by jfrancis91680 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Our moms always think they can do a better job than we can taking care of OUR kids. Because to them, we are still their kids, so to them they need to help us with everything. I get sensitive when my mom says stuff like that too. Just try to let it roll off your shoulders. You are probably doing a fine job, and you will someday worry about your child with your grandchild. How long was your baby's hair anyway? Mine is 8 mos. and barely has any to cut! :)
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 7:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• your NOT in the wrong here!! I would have been PO'd beyond belief at that and would def. had said more to I give you credit there!! You are doing the best you can so dont feel bad in the slightest. You did nothing wrong and your mom is WAY overreacting. I cant help with the arguing part b/c I dont even know your mom and I'm angry at her.
    So here I am sending hugs!!! Hoping things get better. Just go give that son of yours a hug and kiss!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• @CARRIEpm ABOUT 4 INCHES LONG HE WAS BORN WITH REALLY LONG AND REALLY CURLY HAIR
    jfrancis91680

Comment by jfrancis91680 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011