Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Help.. advice for someone who is awol/deserter adult content

My husband was just arrested last night. Although we thought everything was taken care of, they said he was never completely discharged and is being called a 'deserter'. They took him away.. They won't let me or the baby see him. They said he is being expodited to Kentucky.. I am very scared. We now have no money.... any advice on who to go to, or what to do? Has anyone been in this situation? Please, any advice?


Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (11)

    This should help ease your mind.

    Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • Go to the legal affairs office at his last duty station... Make sure you have a paper trail to prove your side of the case. Military ALWAYS has a paper trail..

    Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • Call the ppl he's AWOL from and ask them what's going to happen from there.

    Answer by genagina at 6:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • And be aware , it could take a while before they come pick him up for extradition. Good luck

    Answer by genagina at 6:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • Does he have a DD214? That's the separation document that is the official final word (never leave the original with anyone, BTW- always have them make a copy and keep the original). That would be the strongest document for getting him released. Good luck!!

    Answer by musicpisces at 6:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • retrace your steps, are there emails telling you things were 'taken care of?' do you have anything to prove it? witnesses of conversations?

    good luck!

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • Get a lawyer. The court can appoint one, or sometimes places will do things probono. Get on the internet, or go down to your local court house. You would be surprised how helpful some people can be :)

    Answer by Tarrar at 7:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • Ok calm down. My dh worked at ft. Knox for over 5 yrs. Your dh will be transferred to their PCF. It is ran by civilian security guards and he will be treated well. They will let him speak to JAG, and chapter him out. They CAN give them jail time, but its usually never done anymore at all. You will be fine. If you have any questions, you can pm me and I can ask my dh for more info.

    Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • Oh, and if he went awol, it can't just be "taken care of" they have to go to ft Knox for out processing. If that never happened, that's why its happening now.

    Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • is this in refernce to the previous question?

    Answer by san78 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2011