WAS I WRONG?

THIS MORNING I GAVE MY 6 MONTH OLD A HAIR CUT OR AT LEAST I TRIED TO BY MYSELF . IT WASN'T THE BEST HAIR CUT BEING THAT IT WAS MY FIRST. I RECOGNIZED THAT I DID A CRAPPY JOB BUT I'M TRYING. SO ANYHOW. MY MOM HELPS ME DURING THE WEEK WITH MY SON ON THE DAYS MY HUBBY AND I ARE WORKING. THIS MORNING WHEN MY MOM PICKED HIM UP I TOLD HER I TRIED GIVING HIM A CUT BUT IT WAS DIFFICULT BECAUSE HE KEPT MOVING AND THAT I BOTCHED IT. SO I CALLED HER WHEN I GOT OFF AND ASKED HER IF IT LOOKED BAD AND SHE GOT ALL LOUD SAYING I TRIED TO SCALP HIM AND HOW HE JUST DOESN'T KNOW THAT HE IS LIVING ON A WING AND A PRAYER. I WAS KINDA HURT BY THIS BECAUSE I AM ALREADY SENSITIVE ABOUT ME NOT SEEING HIM MUCH ONLY AT NIGHT AND IN THE MORNING ON THE DAYS WHEN MY HUBBY IS OFF WED. & THUR. AND SUNDAYS. THEN SOMETIMES I GET ANOTHER DAY OFF DURING THE WEEK. WHAT MY MOM SAID MADE ME FEEL LIKE I AM DOING A ROTTEN JOB. SO I DIDN'T YELL AT HER BUT I SAID TO HER THAT IT SOUNDED TO ME AS IF SHE WAS SAYING THAT I DON'T TAKE CARE OF HIM RIGHT. WAS I WRONG TO GET UPSET? I TRIED TO CALL HER TO TALK ABOUT IT BUT SHE SAID THAT I ATTACKED HER WITH MY RESPONSE AND WE BEGAN TO ARGUE ABOUT IT.

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that she is just saying you really went at him.
    I gave my oldest son a haircut when he was a baby. When my mother picked him up, she took him straight to the barber and they shaved his head. They thought this was better than the mess I made. We still laugh at this.
    You are sensitive. Laugh. It will grow back and there are som many real big things to get upset about. Your mom loves you and your son. Give her a hug and let her hug you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It's just hair. It will grow back fast :) Your mom probably didn't mean anything by it.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes the best remedy is to laugh about it! I'm sorry But your post is hilarious you have to admit! But I understand why you would be sensitive you hardly get to see your son and that feels terrible! But you have to talk to your mom the next time you drop off your son so get there earlier and say to her. " I am sorry if I jumped all over you but I was really hurt about your comment it made me feel that you think I don't care about my son. And it really hurt my feelings." And I am sure things will get patched up. the trick is to always star with an appology so you can trick them into giving you one back or at least a hug!
    Nancygray2

Answer by Nancygray2 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think your mom overreacted 2 the whole situation. U just keep on taking care of your son the best u know how & try not 2 pay your mom no mind.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Wow, sounds like your mom was having a bad day. There is NOTHING wrong with giving your kid a haircut! lol. So what if you screwed it up... did your mom NEVER EVER screw up anything while raising you? I would take a deep breath, try to giggle it off. Don't take it personally, or dwell to much on it. Let her know that what she said hurt your feelings, you think you are doing a perfectly fine job being a mother, and that's that. Hope you are feeling better about it!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• IT IS PRETTY FUNNY
    jfrancis91680

Comment by jfrancis91680 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• my mother would have just laughed at me and felt bad for my baby. we all have been there with bad hair cuts havent we? take pictures so it will be a memory...a funny memory!!
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011