Christmas Gift for 2 year old

Christmas gift for my two year old
I would like to get my daughter some sort of gaming something or other for Christmas. She likes to play games on my laptop (we usually go to Noggin.com and she points to the screen while I do the clicking and mousing). What is the best "computery" toy for a 2 1/2 year old?

A. V-tech v.smile gaming console

B. My First Leap Pad

C. Kid's laptop (need a brand suggestion)

or D. Something else?

Thanks!

sariejack

Asked by sariejack at 9:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Shopping

• Leap Pad and V-Tech are the best and easiest for them to learn to use on their own.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My just turned 3 year old son LOVES his My First Leap Pad. But we don't have any of the rest of the options, so I don't know how they compare.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 10:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think any of the leap frog toys are great. I like the magnets that go on the fridge. She'll learn to identify the letter and hear there sounds and play anytime in the kitchen w/ you. I found that repetition is key to learning especially if it has music my boys caught on really fast w/ those and leap frog videos.
    cottonsboys

Answer by cottonsboys at 2:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Owning a children's boutique and receiving the "Toy Book", the biggest book of "Hottest" toys for the season with ratings from consumers and companies alike, the V-Smile wins hands down. 92% of consumers polled preferred both the Baby V-smile and the regular V-smile for toddlers. I have both myself. They also won the Oppenheimer Award, the Dr. Toy award, and one other I can't think of right now. The one that scored worst was the Leap Frog/Leap Pad one. It got HORRIBLE reviews. Stay Away! =)
    momdadn4

Answer by momdadn4 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008