Just wondering how this is not the same thing?

Ok to start I do not repeat do nit like the N word towords black people. Its a disgusting word , but I also hate the fact that people dont think that white trash, redneck, honkey, and other names people say towards white people . How is this not racist? I have read on here before that people say that noone means anything by those names , But yes they do . I am a country girl farm raised , southern born . As soon as someone heres my accent in the city they start in with your uneducated , your a hick , your a redneck ...ect . Most of those people are white saying it as well. I hate to break to people but i even get the same treatment on here. Ive gotten in to the habit of rereading things to make sure I didnt type how I talk .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have many friends in the South. They ALL say "y'all" and "aint" and several other "southernisms". One of them is next in line for Captain at Angola prison. Another is a union rep for the teacher's union. Another is a coordinater for a hazardous materials cleanup company. Another is involved in local politics. All of these women live in Louisiana and are intelligent women. I am from Washington state and I even say "y'all". Just because someone uses words you don't like doesn't make them stupid or uneducated. Personally, I love the Southern accent. It's warm and friendly. I say get to know somebody before judging their intelligence.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 1:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Cont....
    I get some many on here telling me tha same things I hear in public. So when there is so much hate behind it , behind the "harmless" words . How is it not racist ? i think that is the double standard because you dont have to be black to have racism towards you . How is it not the same thing?
    Anonymous

• It's just immaturity. I'm Jewish from my mother's side, and the other side is German. And yes, my mother (as a baby) and grandmother hid in Italy for two years. Life here in the U.S. is very difficult because my family being stripped of background. There are still many many people who openly hate Jewish people. I don't hold a grudge. I don't generalize the public. I just go on with life to grow and learn without being prejudice.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• well,not trying to be mean,because i'm southern raised as well,but if you're gonna ask this question-make sure it's in a form normal people can understand! there is multiple mistakes in your typing and some of it just doesn't make sense. IMO-the better question would be: "how can i better educate myself?"
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• because they are stupid im sorry but it all the same and you are right that you dont have to be one race to be hated upon .. im sorry people are just rude towards you but like the pp said dont hold a grudge
    Anonymous

• oops, as well as my response-there is a mistake! i meant to say"they're ARE multiple mistakes"
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• What do you mean better educate myself ? Im 26 and just finished medical school . So my typing may not be amazing, but you know not everone can type. Why not answer the question I posted instead of being one of those and hating on me.
    Anonymous

• I think people as a whole need to lighten up. I think people have gone a little to far, and are wound too tight, and can't take a light ribbing. Can't count the times I've been called a Mick. And quite often "lovingly" call Honey a crout. Obviously we mean no harm, and as mentioned...I think people are a bit over the edge in their emotions.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• No I get upset when i say aint or yall and then I hear "oh you say yall you must be uneducated and a redneck"How is that not hateful?
    Anonymous

• Ah, hate to break it to you, pinkclover, but you have multiple mistakes too! For example, "they're are", would be like saying "they are are." Also, did you not learn that you are supposed to capitalize at the beginning of a sentence? It kills me when someone on here corrects someone else with just as many mistakes as the person they are correcting!
    Anonymous