How much should i pay a babysitter overnight?

i have 1yr old and a 3yr old and i want to know how much i should pay the babysitter for watching my kids overnight for 5-6hrs
by the time they get here our kids will be sleeping in bed already and they dont wake up at all only our 1yr old MAYBE will wake up but if he does it will be around the time we get home and if he does all he will need is diaper to be check and a bottle.
we have plenty movies for babysitter to watch if she feels like it and we are willing to buy them pizza if they want to.
we live in wausau wisconsin. if anyone knows how much you pay babystter or how much u believe i should pay babysitter?
thank you i would apprciate answer :D

20_mama_3

Asked by 20_mama_3 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Well my babysitter charges $25 per child for overnight
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 12:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• when i babysat in Wisconsin i made 5 dollars an hour per kid but if it was over night it was 10 dollars an hour that was back in like 1998 or 99 lol i dont remember
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• How many will be watching your children and how old?
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 10:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would say $50. When I used to babysit, I watched a 14th month old, a 6 year old and a 10 year old, and their parents would stay out from about 7-12. I think $50 would be acceptable.
    sdms

Answer by sdms at 10:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think someone else on Cafe Mom asked a similar question. Federal minimum wage is $7.15 per hour plus 20% night differential. These are your children, and you get what you pay for.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Ask the sitter to give you a quote. Tell her you'd like them to consider how many hours they will be awake vs. sleeping. Tell her to consider that during the sleeping time she'll be able to do her own personal to-do's (homework, phone calls, t.v., internet). Ask her to get back to you in the next day. I would expect 10/hour for waking hours, 8/hour for sleeping hours.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• 8.50. ahah
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 2:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2008