cute family story

I have a lot of relatives down south who had a big thing for crocheted crafts.

the trendy thing when I was little was to take a plastic baby face and crochet around it and hang it on the wall.

I remember crying at the dinner table and being asked what was wrong. Took then forever to get it out of me, I was sure I'd get laughed at for being silly. I made everyone at the table swear they wouldn't laugh, or I wouldn't tell.
mind you, this table was holding a LOT of people. Picture stereotypical southerners (no offense!) men in bib overalls, women in country type dress, you get the picture.

I finally admitted that I didn't like the baby face on the wall, that it looked like it was growing out of the wall and I thought it was creepy.

get this, not only didn't anyone laugh, after I was assured that it was ok, the table got silent. hardly anyone could eat because every few minutes they kept looking at that wall hanging.
Finally my Dad's aunt took it down. Saying that I was right, that it WAS creepy!
word got out, and then everyone decided I was right and no one made them anymore!
That was the big story of the month.
thinking about that always makes me laugh!

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• haha!! i hated those things! and those weird cat-clocks with the googly eyes..their tails kept time with the clock's ticking. those freaked me out.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2011