Would you be okay with your 17 year old daughter dating a 19 year old guy who has a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• no.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• NO NO AND NO !! I would do anything in my power to stop her from seeing him
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think it depends on the guy. Is he otherwise a good guy? Does he now know how to use a condom?? If yes and yes, give him the benefit of the doubt. What can you really do to stop her, anyway? If you say no, she'll likely do it behind your back instead of with your knowledge, which is even worse. It's not like she's going to marry the guy. Just make sure she knows about birth control and safe sex!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Hell no. Now if he was 19 with no baby I wouldn't have an issue. But I don't want my daughter playing "mommy" to a baby and thinking she will like to be a real mommy or deal with that baby mama drama.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Honestly, no, I wouldn't be ok with it.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't be OK with it but they might sneak around anyway............tough one...........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Probably not, but I am always one to hear the whole story from all the parties who matter.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 7:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would not be ok with it. I would express that but I would not over push it the more you say no, the more you push them towards the unwanted item or person. I would be truthful with her in all things involving sex
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 7:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't want my daughter to start out her life with a ready made family, but there is really not much I could do to prevent it, if she wanted the relationship she would find a way to have it anyway. I would advice her against it and ultimately it would be her decision.

Answer by older at 7:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Oh definately HELL NO! Not even over my dead body!!! NOT even a cold day in hell! She is still a minor at 17!!! He is 19. with or without a baby it would be RAPE!! NOT EVER EITHER OF MY GIRLS!!!
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 7:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2011