does your toddler ever eat untraditionally?

usually she is pretty good about what i eat. tonight nope. i put raviolis in front of her and it was a no go. then after her bath ofcourse she was nice and clean she wanted graham crackers and peanutbutter. so i was like well she is eating something. so during sesame street she wanted the ravioli so i gave some to her. anyone elses toddler just doesn;t really eat tradionally sometimes.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 8:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OOHH yea..lol It's just how toddlers are! my son doesnt want something one minutes..10 minutes later hes screaming at me for it!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yep! I just go with it. At that age they are trying out their independence, I pick my battles :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• every day for my 2 year old. drives me crazy sometimes but i don't cave...he eats what we eat or nothing and when he asks for something to eat later i give him the same thing. sounds mean, but makes him realize he isn't boss when it comes to eating.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• well i figure i just gave her a yogurt and then gave her the raviolis so she probably wasn;t hungry so i figured she would eat later but then later came and no ravioslis so i gave her the graham crackers and peanut butter but she eventually ate so i figure all is ok in the world.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Definitely! I give my daughter choices of what she would like. Often times she will say she wants something and then when it is ready cries for something else. To me that isnt independence as much as a game but I could be wrong. In which case Im not going to keep wasting food so I offer her that. If she wont eat it, I wait a bit and offer it again. lol
    KaileezMom

Answer by KaileezMom at 11:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My girls are the same way - and it varies from day to day. One day they'll chomp away on a peanut butter sandwich, two days later they wont want to touch it. I'm the same way with jeann, they eat what we eat for dinner (as long as its something i know they'll eat or have eaten before type thing) If they dont want it - thats it! I refuse to make two dinners just because they decide to be picky. When we go out or during lunches when its specifically for them, i'll try to give them options, though they dont quite understand exactly yet. But rest-assured its totally normal! =)
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 10:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011