iam due december 30 and haveing sharp pains snd tightness in the bottom of my stomach i need to know whats going on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like ligament stretching pains, or braxton hicks contractions if they feel like a tightening. also, as the baby moves into position, she will come to rest, head down, on your cervix, which is oh so pleasant (not)
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Probably BH, but maybe not? Try timing them and see if there's any consistancy to them. If they get to the point where they are hurting pretty bad...where you cant talk or move during them, then I would go into L & D.
    LilCsMommy

Answer by LilCsMommy at 10:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Braxton Hicks contractions | BabyCenter

How to recognize these painless uterine contractions that happen throughout pregnancy.
    www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It might be a combo of Braxton Hicks and ligament pain. If it's sporadic, no bleeding, etc, then it's probably not anything to worry about unless it is extreme pain, BUT remember that no comments on here take the place of a Dr. When in doubt, call your OB or the hospital. It really will put your mind at ease.
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'll give the same answer to this question that I just did to another...it sounds like your uterus is irritated and is having mild contractions as a result. I had the same pains a few weeks ago and talked to my doc about it; turns out my uterus was irritated by an herbal tea I had drunk earlier in the evening. The uterus can be irritated by small things, including dehydration, so make sure you are well hydrated. P.S. We are due the same day! :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well sometimes your stomach tighten up too. don't worry. it means it's going out.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 2:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2008