my 5 year old is violence i think he is adha but i dont know what to do my family does not support me on taking him to the doctor what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Take him to the doctor.....You are his mom and the decision is yours even if your family doesn't support you.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes, get him to the doctor.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• take him in
    forget family support
    you are his mom
    your instincts are most likely correct

good luck
    ask for referral to see doctor who checks for this and sensory processing disorders
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• You IGNORE the family and do what your gut is telling you.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Is violence the only symptom you are seeing? If so, then ADHD (not adha) is most likely not the cause. Either way, if you are concerned that your son has issues, take him to his pediatrician & a specialist in children's behavioral issues. Your family's opinion isn't important here, only yours is, because you are your son's parent, not them. Also, given his age, is he is public school? If so, you can request that the public school evaluate your son. To do so, simply write a letter to your child's teacher, "cc-ing" it to the building principal & district's special education director.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My sons father didn't want him evaluated either. We are not a couple and have joint custody. I said, "tough". Got the referral from his doctor for the developmental pediatrician, and made the appointment. I refused to back down. I knew it needed to happen and his dad finally got used to the idea. Our son does have ADHD.
    You need to do what I did.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• take him to see the dr
    momof02girls

Answer by momof02girls at 9:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• go with your gut
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:11 PM on May. 27, 2011