What should I do?

While I was cooking supper, DD starts crying. I go see what happened and she is holding her eye telling me that Sassy (our cat) scratched her eye He only has back claws, so I am not sure how that happened. I cannot see a scratch but then again she really wont let me look.

What should I do? I really worry that it was a nasty cat claw that did it

AddyRF

Asked by AddyRF at 8:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• move her hands away.. and see maybe she was just scared
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• She is now walking around with her eye open, but I can kind of tell its read around her eye (not her eye ball though) and swollen just a little bit
    AddyRF

Comment by AddyRF (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If it was a claw there would most likely be visible evidence. Especially them back ones... They leave some nasty scratches!
    If his front paws are clawless, then perhaps he slapped at her face and the fur on his paw brushed her eye? That can hurt.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 8:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If her eye is at all red (the white part), take her to the ER. You should NEVER mess around with the eye.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• watch for it getting red or swollen you could also go to walgreens and they have a clean out eyedrops for babies
    DarlingDivaTutu

Answer by DarlingDivaTutu at 9:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I know I will not be sleeping tonight because I will be keeping an eye on her eye. I just happen to have to go to my eye DR to pick up my glasses, I am going to see if he would be nice enough to take a quick look. If things get worse before then we are off to the ER.

Thanks for letting me know about those eye drops, I had no idea they made them
    AddyRF

Comment by AddyRF (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Also, its not her eyeball that is red so far. Just her eye lid
    AddyRF

Comment by AddyRF (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2011