Labor...

well I went to the er just now found out i'm 4 cm...3rd child..other two got induced early so don't know how actual labor feels anyways...how long could i stay at 4? they give me a perkasuet and it's made me real dizzy,lightheaded and sick at my stomach. what does this mean? the contractions are still here but mild. TONIGHTS A FULL MOON BY THE WAY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• usually once u get to 4cm it goes fast and the medican will make u sick and dizzy it does me so i say ull have a baby very soon
    mamma0860

Answer by mamma0860 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• At 4 cm your water will most likely break and full blown labor will begin. Compaired to being induced this labor ought to be really easy for you. The meds they gave you will and usually do make you feel like that. Try and stay calm. It's almost over.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yeah!! your close!
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• As long as you're relaxed your labor should progress nicely. The reason you are nauseous after the percocet is because percocet is know to cause nausea, especially in patients who have very little experience with such drugs.. You might not want to try narcotic pain relief, and use alternative methods for pain relief during your labor (epidural or natural depending on your preferences), because the nausea opiates can cause is unforgiving, and would make things a heck of a lot more uncomfortable.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You should be very close!! Good luck!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You could believe or not still go another week or more like this. The good news is though, that when your labor does start, It usually ensures a quick labor because you are half way there.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 6:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2008