EGD

go in tomorrow for a EGD and I read that I will be told to swallow the scope, well my question is, I had a hard time swallowing small stuff and somethings get stuck in my throat even small pills. So will they be able to get this scope in without puncturing something?? Or will they get it in at all?? I forgot to tell them this so I have to tell them this tomorrow..

Next question is I will have a Colonoscopy the same day, do they usually do this at the same time as the EGD or one at a time... Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• The will numb your throaght with a numbing spray to reduce your gag reflex and possibly give you a mild sedative to reduce your anxiety. As for the colonoscopy they usually knock you out to do those these days or put you in twilight sleep s oyour not even aware of what is going on. Relax. Modern medicne has come a LONG way on how they used to do these types of procedures. If your scared or uncomfortable, TELL them so they can make you more at ease.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Why is this posted here? haha. Is this a new hobby of yours?
    They perform each procedure independant of the other.....with a good break in between. Plan to spend the whole day at the hospital/clinic.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• LOL god no not a hobby, I hit the wrong button,I have been going through the prep stuff and it`s makeing me loopy so I didnt notice. That was funny though, I needed a laugh.
    Thanks to you both for the answers.
    Gamerchick

Answer by Gamerchick at 10:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008