how to get started!!!

I am a SAHM who cant simply run to the gym, and needs to know where to start with a diet and exercise routine! I just want to loss a lil around my waist any good exercises???

AlliesMommy807

Asked by AlliesMommy807 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Get up. I mean, stand up right now.

There. Now you've started.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Try some of Jillian Michael's DVDs. She has some that are short routines that are ideal for a mother. Start out slow, quit drinking pop, or eating sweats. Make sure you're having a variety of foods high in protein and fiber. Drink lots of water. Good luck!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• walking at home, doing stairs, parking further from the store and walking through every isle... find some dvds that interest you and start doing them in themorning or during nap time...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I actually chose 2011 to be my get healthy year. I have stopped eating excess refined sugar, and finding other natural ways to sweeten things. If I haven't baked it from scratch then I don't get to have it ( must follow a recipe not a boxed mix). I am eating a salad everyday at lunch with a vinaigrette, and I am making an effort to do at the bare minimum 15 min of any type of exercise a day. I have also added an extra piece of fresh fruit to my diet each day as well. To date I have already lost about 4 lbs. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'll second the Jillian Michaels workout. I have her 30 Day Shred DVD. It's less than 30 minutes and it is a KILLER workout. I can do this when my son is napping, and even on days when he refuses to nap, I can still do it with him running around. (LOL sometimes he tries to follow along.)

There are many diet plans out there, but I never really found one that worked for me. The best thing, for me, was moderation. I hated restricting myself. But if I made fairly smart choices and watched my portions, I can still have some of my favorites (chocolate, mostly). I love SparkPeople.com - you can log what you eat, even input food that's not in their database, track your workouts, etc.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• look at exercise videos on youtube, dance with your kids (fun exercise!!), take walks
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Walking, videos, there are also baby and me classes you can look into.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• play with the kids, use them as weights, have fun, run in place! =-)
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Don't "diet." Change your eating habits permanently. Go for walks with your kiddos.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You could drink plenty of water and no sodas. You could also do small sets of crunches throughout the day as you have time.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2011