Need your help!

So my sons best friend's mom has 3 kids (18, 15 and 8) she is single and they lost their home and are living in her parents basement. Feeling sort of bad for her when I first met her I sort of befriended her ...maybe by being her friend I could sort of maybe help her out and I am always in the market for a new friend. I feel like the friendship is soo one sided now I do so muc for her with watching her kids and listen to her NEGITIVE ATT ITUDE and listen to her bitch about how much pain she is in from her back to having her monthly friend (for those of you who are NOT aware apparently when our monthly comes that intitals us to a weeks vacation where we should be able to pawn off our kids and have absolutly EVERYTHING done for us!) she comes for a playdate convieniently at dinner time so I have to feed them, her son kicked a hole in my wall and is a complete paain in the butt to watch cause he does not listen. When I need someone to watch my little one because I hae an appt I have come to realize that I can not depend on her because the time or 2 I have she forgets maknig me late for the appt with 3 kids in tow or inthe case of recently putting our dog down she was sooo late and then she promises to show up for play dates and just does not show or is hours late. her excuses of how her life sucks and this and that is just not cutting it so here is my question....how do I end my friendship with here but still let our boys continue to be friends ? Right now I am just saying NO to her and avoiding phone calls...cause she did call (or her son did cause mom is in sooo much pain.....) ideas please!?!?!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 9:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm afraid other than being direct, all you can really do is be conveniently "busy" all of the time. If she drops by unexpectedly, have a list of things you need to do ready, and tell her sorry you don't have time. I'm afraid your son may lose this friend, but maybe she just won't care, and will find someone else to latch onto. Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• she is an emotional vampire; sounds like it at least to me. when she asks for favors just tell her u a busy simple.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Tell her you can't watch her kids and yours too at the same time it's just to much on you, you tried it and it just didn't work out. If she calls, if you have call screening don't answer and just don't call back, maybe she'll get the message without you having to say anything. My DD had that and she finally just told the kids at meal time they had to go home she didn't have enough food to go around, simple as that. She sees your putting up with it so she's going to keep doing it. I had a girl always came to borrow bread, finally I told her she needed to go to the store just like me and buy her own bread, I just couldn't buy hers and mine all the time,stopped that in a hurry. It really shouldn't interfere with the boys, kids usually have their own relationships anyway, if not, then it wasn't that good a relationship to begin with. What it boils down to is SHE'S USING YOU. And she knows it, and you need to know it and stop it.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011