I totally over weight....

So before we started trying to have this baby i was on a diet that helped me lose like thirty pound the bad part was that it was pills from a doctor to do it. As soon as i stopped using them i gained the 30 pounds back. this wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt like 300lbs i am the weight that i was when i was full term prego with my two year old son. i dont know what to do can i still go on a strike diet and lose weight and the baby be healthy or should i just wait it out and see if the doctor can do lypo when i have the c-section?

MariMitchek

Asked by MariMitchek at 9:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i would try cutting your calories they monitored my calories when i was preg i was 175 and they wouldnt let me gain more than 20 lbs so i would excerise and watch my calories and eat lots of whole grains!
    DarlingDivaTutu

Answer by DarlingDivaTutu at 9:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would just try watching what you eat while pregnant. I actually ended up with GD with this last pregnancy (I had my son in Oct) and it really helped me keep my weight down. I ended up gaining only 15 lbs and 1 week after my son was born I was already 15 lbs down from prepregnancy weight. I would definitely talk to your doctor and see what they recommend for calorie intake and exercise and everything like that just so you know you're keeping your baby and yourself healthy! Good luck to you!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i would eat healthy for your pregnancy...really try to limit unhealthy snacks...pills are never the answer for the reason you listed. I was heavy with my last baby baby 3. i was really concerned about weight gain seeing as I gained alot with the first two so I basically just tried to eat healthy and I only gained 8 pounds.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i would try eating healthy, not dieting... add exercise to your routine, and see where you get. i guess i'm lucky... eating healthy and moving more while preggers, i have always lost weight while pregnant...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't "diet" while pregnant. Instead replace the unhealthy foods with more fruits and veggies. And maybe go walking for about 30 each day. Those are some of the things I did with my pregnancies!!! Good Luck!!
    meaux28

Answer by meaux28 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I don't think a good Dr would do lipo with a c section!!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You should wait until after the baby is born.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Eat healthy and exercise. Just walking regulary could help.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I didn't think anyone did lipo anymore. That's so 80's. Don't try to lose weight until after the baby is born.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Watch your calories
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2011