menopause question?

I know Im in perimenopause cause Im almost 50. But for the past two days I have had a sharp pain in my right ovary area, it just lasts a second then its gone. It seems to be better tonight, but Im wondering if anyone who has gone through the process of menopause has ever had this happen, Im thinking my cycle is trying to ovulate and having a hard time doing it, is that possible? I know in the end I should get it checked out, but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Health

• No I didn't experience that pertaining to menopause. You might want to call the Dr. Monday if it keeps up.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It sounds like you may have a cyst; usually they go away on their own.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Actually no. The only issue I had problems with is hot flashes and night sweats. I am currently on HRT, Activella and am totally back to normal. Haven't had a period in about a year! No pains or cramping of any kind. It kind of sounds like a cyst to me though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011