if u have long hair......

does it fall out like crazy? my hair is coming out alot. so much so that my kids find it on their feet and hands even after i have swept and mopped the floor.
im seriously considering cutting my hair into a pixie cut

knagsmom

Asked by knagsmom at 9:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• My hair is all one length, thich, super long and curly so it is almost always up. I have enough hair to donate 12" and still have about 18" left in back. I cut my hair to a short cut when I went into the military when I was 17 and haven't cut it since. I'm 42 now. I trim it about every six months and wash it only once or twice a week. I also don't brush it on the days I don't wash it. So in my estimation, I am losing the same amount of hair ( a normal occurence as hair grows approx. 1/2" month) using my method than a person who washes theirs everyday. When I do brush out my hair I do it over the carpet because it's easier to vacuum. And yes there are always gerbils in the shower. Although my grandma thinks I am way to old for long hair and it's time for the old lady cut with the blue rinse. Never gonna happen!
    Wild4toys2

Answer by Wild4toys2 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have super thick and long hair and I find it everywhere.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I wear mine in a bun or pony tail so I only notice it coming out when I brush it. But honestly I have just too much hair, it's curly, long and thick, sure but in reality it's just a lot of hair. I have cut it short and since it gets lighter it gets even curlier but when I straighten it it's more tamable. I think I am going to cut mine again, it's already grown back really fast.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i have ibs and mine does like crazy because i dont get nutrients like i should
    DarlingDivaTutu

Answer by DarlingDivaTutu at 9:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i lose it but i have so much of it that i don't even notice. even when its shorter its so thick its a pain. but its better then thin hair.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I was told it happens because of a lack of protien.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes my has been falling so much. I am starting to worry.
    beenie21

Answer by beenie21 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• mine is down to my waste.....it's pretty thin.....but even shorter it's still thin so i wear it the way i like and the way that looks best for me....lol.....we find it everywhere....and i dooooooo mean evvvvvvvvvverywhere!!!!!!!!!!!......lol.....no place is safe......and my dd has long hair too so sometimes it's hard to tell if it's mine or hers.....lol
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 11:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• darling ive been told i have ibs but not that the hair loss could be part of it. dang. my hair is very thick and long and i cant wash it more the 2 times a week or i lose too much
    knagsmom

Comment by knagsmom (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• ya when i shower i clean the hair collecter 4 times and its a huge hair ball. and have to clean the brush out 3 times. im really thinking about cutting my hair
    knagsmom

Comment by knagsmom (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2011