18 weeks with 3rd pregnancy and horrible back and hip pain???

I have never felt this much back and hip pain ever before and it is only on one side!!!! My doctor told me that it was probably because I didn't give my body time to heal from my last pregnancy (I found out I was pregnant when my son was 6 months old) but it hurts soooo bad sometimes I can't even move my right leg! Has any one experienced this or do I need to get a second opinion?

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 9:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh gf I am so with you on this one! I am 6 months pregnant with my 4th child and I've been told the same thing. I think if you want to get a second opinion then by all means, you should. I got a few different opinions, all said the same thing, lol.
    MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• 2nd opinion
    if
    doctor did not do a scan to check placenta

most likely nothing more than pinched nerve or soemthing
    but i would be looking for a doctor to do a full exam with outside scan
    if scan shows no problem, at least doc should be addressing your pain with yoga position or some adjustment-something not just a you had too close together-sounds like no help at all
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Your doc is an idiot. It is SPD symphasis pubis dysfunction it happens in a lot of pregnancies it is from your body producing too much of the hormone relaxin which softens your joints so that your pelvis can spread well in labor. Chiropractic care will help greatly with this pain and yoga will make it worse because it will stretch the ligaments out more than they are already. This has nothing to do with closeness of pregnancies it is just a hormone imbalance that causes it
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2011