breastfeeding question-to think i thought i would have a problem with this lol

i produce so much milk i feed my baby and i still have a ton of milk left... he is only round about 2 weeks old so .. what would you do - as i am torn.. i have a hand pump - should i continue to pump to make them stop hurting - OR do i just leave them alone to let them engorge and then decrease milk production to what i need for now?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 10:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Health

• pump to help make yourself more comfortable. In time your body will adjust and you won't get so engorged.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'm jealous I never made that much milk!! Personally, I would pump and freeze it while your supply is up. I never produced enough to get a good amount of milk stored if I needed to go anywhere.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• pump to feel better, they'll level out eventually, but now you can get a stock up for later when you don't want to get up in the middle of the night, make the hubby do it, or you have to work, or go to school etc. But here's some other key advice, you are engorged now, around 3 months your milk will have leveled out and your baby will have a growth spurt. S/he will be feeding more and more and possibly emptying both breasts. Don't worry, your baby is getting enough but they are preparing for when they need more. So many moms go to formula at that point. And luckily for you, you did what I did, and I ended up having excess milk even then so I barely noticed.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I hope this happens for me!
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Pump and store, you'll be glad u did later
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011