Must haves for new baby??

I pretty much know the obvious stuff. Any advice on items that you need for bringing new baby home that I might have missed?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kid LOVED the vibrating bouncy seat!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• a swaddling blanket!!! we had one from walmart it was already done for u all u had to do was put the baby in and Velcro the sides! it was the best!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• This is what I used.
    A changing table, because my back was weak and the table made it much easier
    A bunch of burp cloths
    Those dress like sleepers, make diaper changing easy
    More diapers than I ever knew a baby would go thru...wipes
    a baby brush, comb and shampoo because my son got cradle cap...also lotion
    blankets for swaddling
    hmmm... A diaper bag, filled with essentials and 4 outfits, and yes I had a pee out, and then back to back blow outs once and used all changes of clothing
    A little baby gym some start toys
    we eventually started using a swing
    carseat...breast pump
    and that was it for the first 5 or so months...I'll add if I can think of more
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Here's a list of what I get for my babies.

Clothing (duh)
    Diapers (I cloth diaper, so I won't need to do that again!)
    A baby carrier or sling of some sort (also already have that for next time)
    Prenatal care

That's it lol. Babies don't really need much. I breast feed and co-sleep, so I don't need feeding equipment or bedding. There's a whole list of stuff I get for the BIRTH (because I have my babies at home) but meh... babies need very little when it comes right down to it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• oh and for you, vaginal delivery, get a couple packs of maxi pads, granny panties, tucks wipes, phillips stool softners so you don't have hard poops if you get stitches, they are okay to BF with, medela nursing pads for when your milk comes in, a bra with no wire, for when your home
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Dipers, blanket sleepers, a boppie pillow, and vibrating bouncy seat. You will need pads and undies that you can get rid of when you are back to your old self! Get a good bra, I used underwires, and breast pads even if you don't plan on nursing. Babies really only need food, diapers, clothing and love!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• The other ladies pretty much said it all, but i would recomend a bouncy seat that vibrates and some kind of sling or baby carrier that you can wear around the house. Those were life savers with both of my kids.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• The other ladies did give you some pretty awesome items, especially the ones for yourself! The vibrating bouncer seat is an AWESOME idea as well.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I love my Boppy! My baby is 7 months old and I still use it. It just makes it so much easier to relax my shoulders and enjoy feeding time. So, I'd say, a Bobby and a few good blankets for swaddling. The ready to go swaddles are ok, but honestly, I did better with knit cotton blankets and doing the wrapping myself, especially with Little Bear. The velcro placement on the ready-made swaddles were such that it was not possible to get a nice tight swaddle, which is really essential.
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Essientials for me were..... a boppy, diapers, wipes, swaddeling blankets, some sort of breast pump, clothes, burp rags, carseat, crib or basinette. thoes were pretty much the must haves....everything else can wait! ;) good luck!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 4:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011