Cat owners

How many cats do you have and how often to you scoop your litter box(es)? How often to you change the litter completely?

We have 5 cats (4 inside, one that comes in but mostly stays out) and I scoop twice to three times a day and change the litter weekly unless it gets really smelly and funky before then. Plus I use some of the litter box deodorizing stuff at least once a day when I scoop it.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pets

• We have 1 cat, I scoop everyday to every other day, just depending on how bad it is. And I change the bag every 2 weeks.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have 1 and I scoop it out every day or two depending on how bad it is and change the litter about every two weeks.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i have a very picky cat--its scooped everyday sometimes twice a day because if he has pooped he will not use it again untill it is scooped again...but in his defense he is 28 pounds and i think the litter box is a little small for him
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have two. I have to clean it everyday and change litter about every 2-3 weeks
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• We have 4 cats . I do not use scoopable litter so the boxes are changed about twice a day, less perhaps when the weather is good enough for them to spend much time outside .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• one and i clean every day some times twice, my cat is picky,.
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 7:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• one cat, once a day unless it is really nasty than more
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 8:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We have 6 cats, 3 boxes and scoop once a day.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 8:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have 2 cats. but the litter box is the only thing in the whole house I dont do. That is myhusbands job! he scoops bout once a day, changes complete once a week...i think...
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 8:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We have two cats. We check daily but they're usually pretty good and only need to be scooped every other day. We change the litter and wash out the bin every other week, depending on necessity, really. I always use deodorizer though, and when I'm out, I use baking soda. =)
    kaseyp84

Answer by kaseyp84 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011