Why oh why is she crying?

My daughter is my life but Heaven help me if this phase doesnt end. lol. My daugther cries when I leave her in her room for bedtime. She goes in there gracefully and sits thru storytime and tucking in routine joyfully but then is HYSTERICAL when I leave her AND when she wakes up.

I have tried:
moving bedtime later
moving naptime later
supernanny routine (dont say anything)
Asking whats wrong (she isnt scared)
Rearranging her room
Coddling her
Not coddling and crying out method
Even dabbled in sleeping with us (which I am HIGHLY against for us anyway)
Talked to her pedi

Nothing seems to work. The crying wakes her sister (7months....should be the other way around lol) when she sleeps, keeps us awake, stresses herself out, and wears me out to no end. lol! Been going on fr over four months now.

Anyone go thru this and know whats up?
EEK!!!! *pulls hair*

KaileezMom

Asked by KaileezMom at 10:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm still going through this at 4 almost 5! We went through it at 2 also, it disappeared for about a year and a half, and now its back. For my son its a control issue, and the inability to let go. I don't really have any advice since we're struggling too, but I can offer my sympathy. If you find something that works pass it on!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Oh man! That is both reassuring that I'm not alone but scary that it could possibly go on that long! She says things like "I dont like the bed" " I cant fall asleep" and so on. It's been going on for over 4 MONTHS!! I will definitely let you know if something suceeds. Good luck to you as well mama!!
    KaileezMom

Comment by KaileezMom (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2011