who would you/ did you let into your delivery room when having your kids?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• My husband and that was it.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My mom and my kid's dad, if I had to choose I would have chosen my mom.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• With our first: My DH and mom and dad. Made my dad stay off to the side though lol. MY MIL said she would be there but no way. Was happy for them to come right after though.

Our second was just DH. My mom stayed with our oldest.
    KaileezMom

Answer by KaileezMom at 11:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I had my fiance and that was all. Its a personal choice for everyone. My MIL was BEGGING me to let her be in there and I had to tell her no because I didn't feel comfortable being spread eagle in front of her. If I had her in, then I would have to have my mom in as well and it was just too much that I didn't want to deal with. So my fiance was it and I was completely fine with it. Giving birth is not easy and you should make the whole experience as easy on yourself as you can, by only having the people YOU want and feel comfortable having in the room. No one else has a right to be in there regardless of who they are or what they say.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• the father of the baby, and my mother. i cant see why anyone else would be right being there!!!!
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• with my first and only son, my SO, my little sister (12) and my mother
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My DH and MIL. I only wanted DH, but MIL (and DH) held my hand through all my contractions (when my epidural wouldn't work) and I didn't have the heart to ask her to leave while I was actually delivering. She kind of does have a thing about inviting herself in, which can be annoying (my SIL had her barred from the room when she gave birth). I know it's your grandchild and all, but really.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My husband.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Not including the nurses and doctors...

For my son, In the room I had my mother in law, sister in law, my father, my best friend, and my brother's girlfriend (we are really close friends). My husband was deployed so he didnt get to be there. They told me at my doctor visits that I could only have two ppl in the room during delivery but they let everyone stay with me when that time came.

For my daughter it was just my husband
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Well, I had a c-section and could only have one person in there, so I chose my husband. If it were a normal delivery, I'd want my husband and mom ...and maybe my dad, but he wouldn't be allowed to watch the actual birth, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2011