Are there movies you loved as a kid that you can't bear to watch now because they're so horrible?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Entertainment

• i love the moves i watched as a kid...like back to the future, home alone, etc. i cant think of any bad ones, but im sure there are some
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'll probably get a few thumbs down for this answer but here goes, lol The Wizard of Oz!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Lmao I used to watch space jam every single day, sometimes more than once a day. Last year my fiance and I rented it(he loved it as a kid too) and I was so disappointed. It was just so much better back then lol
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 11:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I was flipping channels and found The Apple. I remember when this was first on HBO, and I remember watching it every time I saw it was on. I think I even knew the words to most of the songs. I'm watching it now. It's so bad it's hysterical, but I don't think that's why I liked it when I was 11.

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Jaws and all the horror movies. Freddie, Jason, Scream. Now I'm a bid fraidy cat.
    Wild4toys2

Answer by Wild4toys2 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yeah, watching Goonies recently was definitely eye opening about how cheesy my taste was as a kid.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• sleepghost busters!!! it was so scary back in the day but now it is soooo cheesy, i mean the graphics and the script... yawn......

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Lots of movies I saw as a kid just aren't quite the same now, lol. Apparently, our tastes aren't quite as discerning as children. I have a movie in my by-mail rental que coming up that I have a feeling is going to be the perfect answer for this question...It's The Neverending Story. Loved this movie as a kid and want to watch it with my daughters, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be disappointed that it doesn't evoke the same feelings in me now that it did when I was young.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• some yes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• None that I can think of..
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011