Looking for legit work at home jobs

I am a single mom with a 10 year old boy, my family is in Northern California, so I do not have any support. In October my job reduced my hours that I could not financially afford to work, so I resigned. Unemployment disqualified me due to voluntary quit. I am looking for a legit work from home job. I have been looking and check with BBB and boy it's not easy to find. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

anewjrny

Asked by anewjrny at 11:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are welcome to read my Blog at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Thank you I will check it out
    anewjrny

Comment by anewjrny (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Look for telecommuting jobs.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It is too bad that you quit; you would have been able to keep working and collect some unemployment.

Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• \i was in a similar situation 3 years ago. Now, i am a single mom of 3 and making thousands of dollars a month. I love being able to stay home with my kids and earn a living.
    I would be happy to share more with you
    www.behomenow.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 6:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My previous job was before and after school care for a school district, and due to the economy and the lack of funding my job was on the line. If I would have continued to work the cut hours I couldn't have made it, so by resigning I could pull my retirement so that I could live on it. I did check out the possibility of getting unemployment to come up with the difference but I was told that I would not receive it.
    I thank you all for replying. I will look into all your comments. : )
    anewjrny

Comment by anewjrny (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• There is an endless list of options, online and offline. Do you want an easy "job" or a complicated "business"? I work for a couple places, I don't buy or sell anything, never spend a dime, and don't have to manage a 'business'... Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Look into becoming a Rep with Juice Plus. Working with this 17 year old company has changed my life. I turned my financial situation around and others can too. The health and wellness industry is booming and people are looking for new ideas to earm extra money and be able to spend more tme with their families. This is the perfect full time, part time or spare time business.
    Low start up. $50
    Cash bonues
    Completely legit company
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Hi; I work from home and my business and website was free; so I do my business 100% from home but you can work your business how you wish and do other things such as book fairs, parties, fund-raisers,etc. if you choose.

Barefoot Books - FREE right now to join. No start up costs. Not sure how long the promotion will last

http://davia-newman.barefootbooks.com/
    XOXOArmyWife

Answer by XOXOArmyWife at 7:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2011