FOSTERING CHILDREN

I have a 3 year old son and want to start looking into being a foster parent. I absolutely adore children and feel deep in my heart that working with children is my calling. My SO and I can't afford to have another child yet, so I am trying to convince him to look into being a foster parent with me. I have so much love to give and (unfortunately) experience with sexual abuse. I feel like have have a lot to offer a child that has been through something like this and I WANT to help.

Have you ever considered or do you have/had foster children? What are your thoughts on it all?

IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER, WOULD YOU MIND BUMPING ME SO THAT I MIGHT GET SOME ANSWERS???  THANKS A BUNCH LADIES!

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Adoption

• My husband and I were foster parents and it was a great experience in the end but there were lots of times I had my heart broken and was very frustrated with caseworkers, biological families, judges etc. I would not trade my foster care experience for anything, it has helped me be a more patient, understanding and compassionate person. I have also adopted three children from the foster care system and they are the light of my life. They are simply the most wonderful children on the planet:) Good luck with your foster care journey. Feel free to private message me and I can suggest a few resources that helped me better parent traumatized children.

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 7:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think its great and you should defintally go for it. I have a friend who is not able to have children. Her and her husband are fostering children from the Presbyterian home.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I agree you shoudl go for it! Good luck!

Bump
    yvonne518

Answer by yvonne518 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011