Am I the only one...

Am I the only one that can't stand most TV and movies now??? I don't like, what I call, tittie humor. I hate that you can't watch a single movie now that doesn't have SOMEONE'S boobs in it. I don't want sex shoved in my face 24 hours a day. What happened to not having to see that kind of crap unless you watched an R rated movie? I hate watching TV and seeing commercials where half naked women are "WAITING FOR YOUR CALL." I can't stand that I feel so paranoid about letting my son even be in the room to watch COMMERCIALS because they have gotten so smutty. It makes me sick...I think I was born in the WRONG generation.

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Entertainment

• OH I agree I just miss the shows with values!!!!! I am like you I LOVE quiet and mine is so addicted...it drives me nuts! one time our tv broke and I thought he was going tolose his mind and i waslike really???
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Seinfeld fan?
    No, I understand what you mean and I have a theory but I won't bother now. Unfortunately, sex sells (ad dollars) and that's the bottom line.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't even have cable so I am very much behind on TV shows. I also don't know of any good movies that have come out lately to have seen them. I'm glad for that. My time is too valuable to waste it on crap TV.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I just buy DVD's, or watch a series I like on hulu.com. I have better control that way.
    bradymommy

Answer by bradymommy at 12:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yeah, there's a lot of sleaze out there. What makes me really angry is when I am l and letting my kids watch a show FOR LITTLE KIDS on ABC Family and they show completely inappropriate commercials during the show. For example, they were watching some of the adorable old-fashioned Christmas cartoons on ABC Fam and commercials for the movie Burlesque kept coming on. Also, they show previews of Pretty Little Liars which is trashy IMO and not something I care for my 7 and 9 year old daughters to see. The envelope just keeps getting pushed further and further all the time.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• im with you on this one
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I feel you! I really do! There is so much more to life than smut and sex!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I agree, I hate it too. Netflix has become my new best friend! No commercials and I get to select what comes on my screen.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I HATE TV as well, but my SO is absolutely addicted to it. He can't be home without the TV being on...this is an issue anyway because I LIKE quiet.
    TitusMom7

Comment by TitusMom7 (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Agree.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2011