im trying to lose weight and have a ?

when comes to looking at calories and fat i understand that but when i adrink only has 35mg of sodium and thats it no fats callories sugar why is it bad to drink?its diet coke....im also going to store for groceries to help eat right ....what are some ideas like for snacks healthy meals?

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 11:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• healthy snacks - nuts, dried fruits, maybe some veggie chips if you need chips, fresh fruits and veggies, yogurt, cheese cubes

diet pop supposedly makes you gain weight - I'd look it up to find out more about that

healthy meals - find things with less meat, make sure you have fresh veggies and or salads with meals, make your own whole wheat bread, make smoothies for breakfast, oatmeal or other hot cereals, egg white omelets with veggies like spinach.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Honestly...............the only good liquid for your body is WATER. Everything else is water with a bunch of JUNK in it. The carbonation in soda actually prevents calcium absorption in your bones. If you don't like water much, slice oranges, lemons or limes and throw it in. Add a drop of honey. If you don't like water at first...........you will. Just give your body time. If soda can eat away rust on a car battery.............imagine what it will do to your insides!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• the sodium isn't great but the are you asking about the sugar in it? Sugar substitute? Sugar converts to fat.
    snacks: turkey, almonds, yogurt, banana, veggies, fruit, low fat cottage cheese,
    Meals: think protein with brown rice and a serving of veggies.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• With diet cokes the big thing is the chemicals and carbonation. Sugar substitutes and additives are thought to be weight loss deterents, and studies have been done on the effects (bad) of carbonation on bone tissue.
    diandfi

Answer by diandfi at 1:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Snacks: I like almonds (gotta watch portions though), low-fat cheese, fresh fruit, jerky, air-popped popcorn, and carrots.
    Meals: I try to get most of my carbs earlier on in the day, and have a mostly protein dinner like grilled or baked fish. Chicken too, but I'm not really fond of chicken. Basically, stick with lean meats and steamed or sauteed veggies, and for carbs, go with whole grain or wheat bread, pasta or rice instead of white variety.

Not sure about the soda thing, maybe it's because they're so full of chemicals? I love Coke (regular), but I try to limit myself to maybe once or twice a week.

Drink plenty of water! Not only is it good for you, but it helps to keep you full.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 12:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• This are some good tips ive stop drinking water and drink and now i want to drink green tea and iam drinking tones of water because it good for the skin.also a bag of pea pods adds up to a bag of chips
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 4:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I try and keep the snack under 100 calories. Popcorn, sugar free rice pudding, apples, orange, peach, frozen berries, cherry tomatoes, dried fruit, grapefruit, cottage cheese, greek yogurt
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• almonds, cheese, cottage cheese, fruit, veggies, air popped popcorn, you can even get those 100 calorie snacks
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My doc says that the sweetener they use to sweeten diet pop actually makes your brain think it has had sugar which normally will make you then crave salty food so even though you think you are doing something good you are not because you will tend to eat more.
    Raw veggies and fresh fruit are really good things to have for snacks. I tell my daughter that fruit is God's candy and I give her grapes, she loves it. I know that theory won't work for an adult, just thought I'd share. ;)
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It is a good idea to stay away from artificial sweeteners. They actually make your body crave sugar more, plus they aren't natural and can't be good for you for that reason alone. Sodium can make your blood pressure rise, which isn't a good thing. Plus carbonated water has been linked to thinning bones, so stay away from it as much as possible too.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011