Why would my sun conure get skinny?

I noticed today that she looks a little bony! She's eating, drinking, and acting normal. She's a younger one too.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pets

• What is a sun conure?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• google it. :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• me too, never heard of this before.
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 7:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• ask your local bird specialist. stress possibly. Birds are very sensitive. Even little things stress them out! change of atmosphere, furniture, ppl in the house...
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 8:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• A number of things could affect your bird's weight. Unfortunately, most people don't realize that birds need regular veterinary care too. They are more fragile than dogs and cats and a simple illness can very quickly lead to serious problems. Diet could be one reason for weight loss as well as any number of other medical issues. I'd recommend taking your bird to the vet and getting some blood work and basic labs run. The vet will also evaluate the diet and make sure it is appropriate. (I lucked out by working with a board certified avian vet for a while and learned a ton! =) )
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 11:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yeah, I'm taking her in in the next few weeks here. She was fully vetted in July, so it's probably time for a check up anyway. It amazes me how bird hoarders have all those birds who don't get sick, but my Farrah who is treated very very well, is a pain in the butt.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011