is it safe?

what is sucralose? my doc said to stay away from nutrasweet, splenda and sweet & low-she said not good for baby-but what is sucralose? ive been drinking aquafina water with natural fruit flavors and says sweetened with sucralose so im wondering if this is an artificial sweetener and if i should get a differnt water-thanks!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sucralose: (Splenda) This is non-caloric sweetener that is made from sugar. Sucralose has been approved for use in baked goods, baking mixes, non-alcoholic beverages, chewing gum, coffee and tea products, confections and frostings, fats and oils, frozen dairy desserts and mixes, fruit juices, sugar substitutes, sweet sauces, toppings and syrups. It can also be used as “table-top sweetener.” Sucralose has no effect on blood sugar, offers no calories, and is deemed safe during pregnancy and lactation. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), sucralose is safe for everyone to consume, including pregnant women.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/artificialsweetner.htm
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• TitusMom said it better than I ever could have! :-)
    Kerrigan357

Answer by Kerrigan357 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It is the artificial sweetner that splenda is made of so stay away from it
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I agree stay away from the splenda. Try squeezing half a lemon in your water or get some frozen berries and drop a few in to give your water some flavor. I understand how boring water can get so I try and find ways to jazz it up. I also drank a lot of pregnancy tea while pregnant, it's nourishing and helps break the monotony of water.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011