your parents live with you, your sibling, nursing home, when they get too old to live alone?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in

• Where ever she wants. If my mom wants to stay with me she can. But if she would feel more comfortable living else where, then that's fine too. I would try my best to make her last years as pleasent for her as possible. I'm really close with my mother though. :)
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My parents are deceased, but I hope I never have to put that burden on my DD. I know my Son won't deal with it and it will fall on my DD and she'll say come live with her, but if it's something she'll have to help me on a daily basis I just wouldn't want her to have to do that. If I'm not able to understand and comprehend, then put me in assisted living BUT,at least come and visit me.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My mother lives with me she had for 7yrs when I was a single mom .And took care of my daughter. she is still living with me and I have been married now for almost 10yrs with my husband who took in me , my daughter and my mother as a package deal. lol. she is now in not very good health so she help me when I needed her I am here for her now. It is hard at times . But I am very close to my mom and love her very much.
    Lindasue902

Answer by Lindasue902 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• assisted living...
    I think it's better than a nursing home....and worth the money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If my parents had dementia or Alzheimer, I would have to insist that my brother or I take care of them. If they can't remember everything enough for me to completely trust that they will tell me if something is not being done right, I want to do it myself. Those are my parents and I don't want to even consider the fact that someone might not treat them the way I would want them treated. They gave their lives to me selflessly for 18 years, I owe them this much.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would love my mom to live with me if she needed too, but I think for her as long as she could be independent she would be. So assisted living would probably be the route to go, just to save her pride. My grandfather is 91 years old and still lives in a 3 bedroom house, by himself 100 miles away from where my mother lives. So I hope that is the future for my mom (not living so far away, but independent and still active)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It would depend on their medical needs. I'm not arrogant enough to believe that just because I'm the daughter my home would be the best place for my parents.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:28 AM on Jan. 15, 2011