Screaming non-stop at bedtime (2Year old) please help im dying over here

my daughter is 2years old. always slept like a dream baby,never had trouble until recently. for a few months now she will scream bloody murder, throw everything out of bed, won't take her bottle, slam her head on her crib and wall for hours, the longest i think was 3 hours. i cant help but be completely stressed out. she won't only scream for hours and then finally sleep all night, she screams for hours, and only goes to sleep(if at all) for 2 hours at the most, then she's up for 8+ hours, and we do it again. i am losing my mind here, i keep my patience with her, i talk calmly with her to help calm her down, i keep a nightlight in her room, i turn on the tv. in my room (which is half conected to her room) to help calm her down, i have tried reading and singing to her to help ease the screams, and nothing helps. if i let he scream it out she will scream until she makes herself throw up, and then she screams and gags herself until she pukes in her whole crib(and then of course i haft to pay attention to her) and she knows that. i need some advice mammas i am literally going insane, any help would be amazing thank you ~

Wife_Mommy_18

Asked by Wife_Mommy_18 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she started having nightmares and shes scared to fall asleep. Take her to the doc and maybe their is a natural sleep aid like melatonin she can take.
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i don't want her to take medicine to sleep, and i've talked to the doc about it, and he told me its just something kids do, he didnt' take me seriously, and this is bad
    Wife_Mommy_18

Comment by Wife_Mommy_18 (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Get her a toddler bed and take her off the bottle. Maybe if she feels like a big girl, she will sleep like one.
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• well the way my house is built, her room is the center of the house, if i let her have a toddler bed, she will get out of bed non stop and either go out her right doorway into the kitchen, or to the left to my bedroom, and i can't let that happen too much for her to get into. she still doesn't speak in sentences yet, so i am not ready to let her walk around the house at night when im sleeping lol
    Wife_Mommy_18

Comment by Wife_Mommy_18 (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Well I am out of ideas. Good Luck!
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• can you let her sleep with you? Or at least  near you? ....then gradually introduce her back to her own bed. Something is obviously freaking her out....and maybe Im a softie but I cant help but put myself in her place. I dealt with something similar with my youngest. Thats the way I deal with my kiddps- I put myself in their position. I mean would we want to be somewhere we are obviously terrified?  Of course not. Poor thing, I hope things get worked out soonn.  :(

devonNjaedon

Answer by devonNjaedon at 1:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm sorry I don't have many ideas except to stop her daytime nap if she is taking one. You might try googling two year olds who don't sleep or something similar to get some ideas. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• more.............I just googled it and there are some articles to read.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• thank you, she finally did fall asleep , it took an hour and a half of her screaming, but she did sleep for 3 hours finally. she woke up again early early in the morning, but she fell back asleep after an hour of whining half asleep.
    and she doesn't take naps anymore, she hasn't for quite some time.
    and i would love to have her sleep in my bed, but when i bring her to my room, she just wants to run around on the bed, and try to jump off (which is bad because my floors are hardfloors)
    Wife_Mommy_18

Comment by Wife_Mommy_18 (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011