if u won a multi million $ jackpot who would you tell about it? would you hide it from your extended family and move to another state/country?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hell yea i would,jk no i would first tell my mother.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would tell family members I can really trust.
    nora_flores

Answer by nora_flores at 1:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It would have to go into a trust. I can't see accepting it in my or my DH's name. If and only if they ask, tell them that some investments paid off. For immediate family, pull them to the side and have a lawyer draw up the paperwork so as they can get ONE lump sum and specify in the contract that they are not to tell anyone where the money came from. My kids safety is a priority and I wouldn't want anything to happen to us over the winnings. Total privacy. Sorry I have trust issues w/some fam so,,,,

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would tell DH and maybe my mom, but only because I would have to explain how we got the money to buy a house all of a sudden lol. And one for her... so she can babysit still (she would kill me if we moved farther than 30 minutes away from her, like we are now, because she would keep DD 24/7 if allowed). We would move to a new state definitely, buy a house, and a car, then save what was left. After furnishing our home with modest things/fixing what we have that needs a little love and repair.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• First person I tell is dh if he is not near me... the next person I tell is a lawyer. No I will not tell my extended family until we've got that money put away and dealt with and even then only a handful. My moms side of the family are sneaky, conniving backstabber's and there is no way i'm telling them I have 5 bucks let alone the jackpot.

Move? No. Vacation, heck yes!!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• id let my mom and in laws know but thats it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No, I'd be proud of it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I don't think I'd tell anyone but my husband. I love our extended family, but I would not want to be put in a position where I was enabling them. We'd for sure help them, but we'd have to find a way for them to get help without them knowing it came from us.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't tell anyone except for my husband....then our lawyer. I would eventually tell my parents, but I would have to be sure they didn't tell anyone else.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011