Like your parents?

Have you grown up to be like your parents?

jdbrown21

Asked by jdbrown21 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I have grown up to be just like my dad, which is funny because I didn't get along with him AT ALL when I lived at home.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No, not really. I mean I raise my son a lot like they raised me but I wouldn't say I am like them, I just appretiate the things they did for me and will do the same for my son.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm not much like either of my parents. I have a ton of respect for my mom, and we have the same values, but our styles are SO different. Now that I'm older, I value those differences.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 12:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I find that I have my moms mannerisms more and more everyday. Like sometimes when shes cold or tired she will lightly rub her cheek a certain way. I found myself doing it a few days ago. When ever it happens it makes me laugh.
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• to titus...they say when two people are too much alike they can't stand each other lol
    I've found that I say and act like both of my parents. It freaks me out! I hate it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No, I'm not at all like my parents. My Mother was from Scotland and very old fashion and VERY strict about everything and I mean EVERYTHING. I tried to be a little more open and communicate with my kids than she did, I hated that I couldn't go to my parents and talk to them about things. When I had my 1st child I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't, I was always there for my girls with advise as they asked for it, but never critized them like my Mother did me. I spent the 1st month w/my DD w/her twins, so I don't think I was too bad with the advise or help or she'd have sent me home.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Not really. And for the most part, my son is being raised differently. Except for the part that I married a guy like my father (a workaholic). So like when we were young, my son hardly sees his dad. But at least unlike when we were young, my son sees me since I became a SAHM. It's nice to have a relationship with my son from the beginning, unlike how I didn't really have a relationship with my parents until pretty much after college (and I moved across the country).
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I am starting to sound more and more like my mother the older I get and the older the kids get. It makes me laugh sometimes, and horrified other times b/c all of the time I thought I was ignoring her and tuning her out, seemed to stick in my brain.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Not at all; I've really made an effort to not be like my parents.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Parental wise, I am nothing like my mom. She had no lines as a mother and she HATED my guts. I happen to love my kids and they are more important than me to me. But I do have some of her flaws and I hate it. I try everyday to be a better person than she was.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011