She's super bored with me...

I have a six year old daughter. I don't want her hanging out with my younger sisters and brothers because they are a bad influence on her. So I keep her here on the weekends. Problem is she's super bored and she's told me this. Any suggestions as to what she and I could do other than play wii and watch movies. Keep in mind I'm talking about the weekends.

prissysayshi

Asked by prissysayshi at 12:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• depending on where you live, go to the park, play in the snow? Theme your weekend days like "slumber party" and "movie night" and play them up to the extreme. Ask her what she would like to do......go window shopping, have some of her friends over to play.....
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• me and my 6yr old have watched musicals and danced the whole time, done mommy and me spa days (you can do these home, really cheap to), cooked together, crafts together.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You could take her to the library or maybe the bookstore. If you have any neighbors in your neighborhood that have children you could arrange for a play date.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Take her to Mc Donald's play park for an ice cream cone and to play in the tunnels and slides. No 6 year old will turn that down!

Movie nights with popcorn and boxes of candy at the dollar store.

Painting paper, brushes and some washable paint + an old shirt for her and let her go to town

Bake cupcakes and let her decorate them with frosting and sprinkles

Take her sledding on a small sled hill....or a big sled hill if you go down with her perhaps.

Games....my 6 year old loves "Toss the Cookies" "Rat a tat cat" "Uno" "Fancy Nancy board game" and "Sorry Sliders"

Write a story together, complete with illustrations that she creates.

Take her to a pet store where they sell an assortment of pets and let her visit & peer into all the cages.

Take her to a roller or ice skating rink-ask for toddler or small children roller skates.

Purchase $20 of tokens and let her play
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011