Do you let your child/children have a TV in their own room?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 12:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, I had one growing up and I am fine!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes, I do. But since they are allowed the freedom, they hardly watch it. They would rather be outside or hanging out with us than hiding out in their rooms. So far anyway. They are 5 and 11. Not sure what happens when they are 15. lol
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes. My son is almost 3 and we had a flat screen mounted onto his bedroom wall so that it would be out of his reach. We didn't want him to get to choose when to watch tv or what to watch because he is too young still, but it is there for when we decide he can watch it. He actually doesn't use it much because he isn't allowed to watch it while in bed.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Well, my daughter is only 2 1/2 years old, but I imagine that she won't have a tv in her room until she is at least 13 or 14 years old. I want her all to myself for now!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes, and she doesn't sit in front of it all day either.It's been in there since she was 2. But it only works for 2 channels and dvds.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Wow.....cribs and tvs seem to be bought together these days............
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes, they both do. They always ask before they can watch it.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yeah my son's had one since he was an infant... for a long while it was just stored in there, but he uses it to watch movies. It doesn't actually get any channels so he doesn't watch it too often but both the vhs player and dvd player are in his room with his tv so he can watch them when he pleases and I'm not stuck watching thomas the train and tom and jerry all the time.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes but are not allowed to watch it all the time. They need permission before turning it on.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Nope. There are several other tvs in the house where they can be supervised as to what and how long they watch. It's hard enough to get my teenage girls to put down their books before midnight, let alone a tv!
    Wild4toys2

Answer by Wild4toys2 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2011