Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can I get money fast?

My daughter (5) and I are about to be evicted and we need to find some money fast so that we can stay here. I recently lost my job so I don't have any income other than my child support, which isn't nearly enough to live on. We have no money for groceries or to pay bills and I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!


Asked by MChildressDem at 12:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 20 (9,966 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I'd be happy to share how I changed my financial situation around. I don't know that it will be the immediate help you need but it may help long term.
    Feel free to contact me.

    Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • First you need to go to Social Services. It's an Emergency situation and human services does have help for single moms to stop their evictions, and get some food stamps. Your other option if you get too desparate is a pawn shop.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • You need to check the local residential landlord tennant laws. Many require the landlord to take several steps before the landlord can forcibly evict someone. In many places, a good faith effort to pay will be enough to keep you from losing your apartment.

    Good luck!

    Answer by Busimommi at 1:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • Do you have anything you can sell or pawn to tie you over until you get PA?

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • Apply for UNEMPLOYMENT and talk to your manager sometimes they will work with you..Also if you are approved for Foodstamps why are you not getting the Cash aid part since you have a child and NO income you QUALIFY..also Salvation Army's help with up to 450 of rent..and HEAP for your local city's HELP LINE...

    Answer by Mrs.Norris at 4:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • i agree with first reply

    Answer by san78 at 7:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • I agree with Mrs. Norris HEAPpays our bill for the whole year plus extra money we use for rent or other bills etc.. In Maine salvation Army doesnt give money or rent, BUT Obama has a homeless prevention initiative, there is tons of funds available if yo go to the right place.

    Dial 211 from your phone for help.

    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • I am waiting for my food stamps to be approved. There are no funds to prevent eviction available. There are a few places in town that can assist but they only give up to 75 dollars and I need much more than that

    Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2011