Do you ladies recommend Bare Escentuals?

I'm really interested in trying it, but I hate to waste money. Is it worth it?

jalvarez626

Asked by jalvarez626 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It works good if you don't have major acne, or smile lines. I used it for two years. It doesn't cover very well, and it settles in the creases of smile lines and wrinkles. I changed over to Smashbox, primer, concealer, foundation, and powder. No breakouts and awesome all day coverage that looks airbrushed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• BE was my introduction to mineral makeup. That said, I still use mineral makeup, but have switched to Everyday Minerals (http://www.everydayminerals.com) because BE felt a little itchy on my skin. They are also less expensive than BE, but I think you can only order them online. They have a lot more shades to choose from as well, but since you can't see it in person, you can order samples. Another company I like is e.l.f. (http://www.eyeslipsface.com) - they also have some mineral makeup that is super inexpensive, though I haven't tried them yet.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I use the primer also and have no problems with setteling. I love it!
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I definitely have obvious wrinkles in my under eye area as well as bad under eye circles,so it probably isn't for me! Thanks so much!
    jalvarez626

Comment by jalvarez626 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm a professional make up artist, and I get more complaints about the settling in the wrinkles. If you have any other questions about makeup or hair feel free to message me. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• lol I think you are my new best friend! I youtube EVERYTHING for hair and makeup!
    jalvarez626

Comment by jalvarez626 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i personally think it works amazing but im 21 and i tried it n it had a baby doll finish for me...
    jamerz89

Answer by jamerz89 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It's pretty much all I use and I love it. I like really light coverage and I like my make-up to look natural. Whenever I have it on, it feels like I don't even have anything on. I also find the make-up blends well and easily. It's definitely worth a try, in my opinion. I've tried all kinds of make-up brands, even pricier ones, and I've stuck with B.E. for over 2 years now. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i think it cost to much when there is similar stuff out in the market that does the same job
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2011