My son may be teething? Is it normal for 2month olds to teeth?

It all started a few days ago, he started crying for no reason, and I tried to calm him, but when he started crying, it was one of those ones that sounds like he was hurt some how. Well after swaddling him, he fell asleep, but yesterday, early this morning, and this evening, he started crying like that again. I gave him a little bit of infants tylonol, then my mom told me to check with my small finger, to see if his gums are hard, or swollen, to see if he's teething. I was wondering if its normal or not for his age?

Momma_Neko

Asked by Momma_Neko at 10:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes he could be teething. I've heard some babies are born with teeth.
    It could also be something else. Maybe he's constipated. If you're nursing maybe something you ate hasen't settled well with him. I once ate beans with my first son and that poor little boy! His system couldn't take it! I've never made that mistake again!
    Your son could be going through a growth spurt, that can hurt.
    Hope your little man is in brighter spirits soon!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yes my first son was teething at 2 months. I could tell by him trying to rub his hand in his mouth constantly. There are different signs he could be teething. I hope you figure out whats bothering him.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• it could be, but it may not. i thought my daughter was teething at two months, she was doing the exact same things. turns out it was just a phase. you can always ask your doctor the next time you go, they can take a peak in there and check. try not to use too much tylenol though, especially if your not 100% sure if its teeth. good luck!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Thank You. I was worried that some thing else was bothering him. One of my friends checked for me, and she said from what she could tell, he's most likely teething. He has been drooling a whole lot, enough to soak my shirt sleeve, and I keep mits on his hands, but he has been putting his hands in his mouth alot, and he keeps putting his blankets in his mouth. I got teething rings, but would he be able to use them?
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 11:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I've only used tylenol 2 times, other times its been swaddling, and until most recently, he's never been one for pacifiers.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 11:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My daughter started teething about 2 months old and would drool through the bibs and the shirts... i had noticed, as well, that her gums were hard and white in the bottom area. she got her 1st tooth 3 weeks ago and the 2nd came through 3 days later. i gave her tylenol and very small doses or baby oragel. i kept a few teething rings in the freezer and she loves them.. i also give her a small teething blanket that has a rattle on the top of it.. she is still teething and these have seemed to work for us... good luck!
    Tracihas3kids

Answer by Tracihas3kids at 1:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2008