What can cause nausea for 6+ months that isn't pregnancy?

I'm nauseated everyday. Some days are worse than others. Its worse late afternoon, evening and night. When I'm ON my period, its not as bad.
I've gone to the dr, they ran basic bloodwork and started throwing antidepressant prescriptions at me.

What else could it be and how do I get the dr to start taking me seriously? I can't live like this, I have an 11 month old.

mandilynnep

Asked by mandilynnep at 10:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• Switch doctors then.
    Anonymous

• I did that. They both did it.
    mandilynnep

Answer by mandilynnep at 10:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would demand to get more tests done. Are you literally throwing up?what other symptoms are you having??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Not throwing up, except maybe once or twice. But its like...miserable, crippling almost on the edge of vomiting and stomach cramps.

One of the drs told me I had an ulcer (with no test and not even the bloodwork done) and gave me a script for zantac and said see you in a month. So I found a new dr who I felt was promising until she gave me cymbalta (made me sicker) and now zoloft, welbutrin and yaz (the BC) Because it "might be hormone related" so I'm supposed to go see her in TWO months to have two cycles on the BC. But this is night 2 curled up on the sofa or in a chair (as is the case right now) with gum in my mouth to combat the nausea.

Can you do that, demand tests? I mean...I've NEVER, ever had this problem before. and I have problems telling people how to do their job. lol.
    mandilynnep

Answer by mandilynnep at 10:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oh and I forgot to mention, I have pain (all over) and fatigue. DR. #2 thinks its fibromyalgia (without doing tests of any kind) and thats part of what the antidepressants are for.
    mandilynnep

Answer by mandilynnep at 10:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I did that and not only did I have ulcers (2 severe ones) but I had a hernia in my stomach that makes it not work properly.
    In order to find out they have to put a camrra down your throat while sidated. If you do all the meds that they are gining you could be making it worse. I have a huge list of meds I cant take.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Are you serious perksmom?

FRICKING REDICULOUS.

I'm in tears. Is it scary to have the camera down your throat? I'm so so so tired of being sick all the time.
    mandilynnep

Answer by mandilynnep at 10:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Hey Love! Don't freak out about what you might have to do. What's a little nervousness and fright when it could lead to making you feel better? I will go with you if you want so you can put all that fright on me. You need to do whatever it takes to make you better! You can't keep going like this. Have you thought of going to see a specialist? My grandma had ulcers and a hernia not too long ago, I can ask her who she went to. Let me ask around to see if there is a specialist that I can find for you. You don't have to do this alone, I will be there for you!
    KimberlySnipes

Answer by KimberlySnipes at 11:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I feel your pain I dealt with it for around 2 yrs. sometimes it would get a little better but I dont like going to the doc. I finally decided it had to be dealt with. I was sadated when they did it, not awake at all and it only took about 15 min. It doesnt hurt afterward either. You just might be a little tired for the rest of the day.
    My sister actually had the same problem and finally went in herself and found out it was the same thing as me. trust me it's worth it. I was tired all the time too, I finally just got tired of being sick and tired ya know.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Oh and I actually changed my diet to see if it would help, did reseaech everything b4 I went in. So believe it scared me too. It will be ok and very worth it
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2008