Diva Cup and Instead

Is it just me, or do the Instead cups look a lot bigger than the Diva Cup? Has anyone used both? Is it just the pictures that make the Instead look larger?

Also, I know the Diva Cup comes in 2 sizes (one for women under 30 who haven't had children, and one for women 30 and over/who have had children). Has anyone had a child/children and found that the one recommend for after children was too large? I know the difference in size is only like 0.3cm, but that much of a size difference can make a difference.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• I HATED the Instead cups, I could not get them to stay in right, so it would fill up and then spill out. YUCK! I tried the whole damn box and they sucked.
    I love the Diva Cup. I got the size 2, because I had a child and it is the right size.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I saw that you only had to replace them one every ten years. Today I have been reading, that they last 5-10 years. So I would assume they will last at least 2-3, which means you will be saving a lot of money.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• LOL Ok, definitely not going to get a box of Instead now lol. That really sucks :( I've been considering the Diva Cup since I had DD in '08, but I haven't broken down and splurged on it. DH was arguing with me earlier about how it won't really save me much money! I spend like $75+ on pads, tampons and liners every year,not to mention feminine wipes (well, I usually use baby wipes, but still...), and the Diva Cup is about $30.

How long do they last? The website recommends replacing once a year, but I've heard people talk about keeping theirs for longer.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Maybe I misread something lol. I was half asleep when I posted this. Thanks! Can't wait to get one!
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011