Cramps

What can menstral like cramps mean at 34 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• could be braxton hicks .. but if you are worried call your dr ould be maybe labor pains
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• That is what contractions feel like. Very very bad menstrual cramps. Is your stomach tightening when you have the pains. You could be in labor.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Try timing them. If they're consistently the same interval apart, you could be in labor.

But if they're just mild period-like cramps, it's probably just BH.

Also, if they don't get any better and just get more and more painful, that's DEFINITELY real contractions.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yes, it tightens but I don't have them too regularly. Very painful and takes my breath away but they eventually go away after like 2-3 times of doing it.
    Anonymous

• probably braxtin hicks...i got the same thing, it would be like every 5 minutes for like 20 or 30 minutes then stop
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 10:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It definitely sounds like mild contractions, but since they are not regular your uterus may be irritated. Try drinking a lot of water to make sure you're not dehydrated. I had those type of cramps at 30 weeks and found out it was because I drank an herbal tea with several herbs in it that irritated my uterus.

Also, your body could just be preparing for labor. If they become more regular and/or intensify, I would contact your dr.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008