What do you do to keep the "spark" alive in your relationship?

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 2:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I make sure we have something to laugh about. Romance is nice, but having something to laugh about and be happy about is a sure-fire path to nookie. Having a similar sense of humor, and finding humor in similar things allows us to keep bonding, and that bond is ultimately what makes us love each other. Also, humor is a great way to diffuse stress, end fights, and keep the relationship "real." We get really juvenile, too. We actually have fart wars. He calls me from work and warns me he's had split pea soup for lunch. So I make sure I eat something equally gas- producing, then it's ON.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• change of scenery. for some reason planning a surprise vacation or just a simple weekend at a hotel or even a different town (in state) helps recapture some of the spark. there is just something about a new environment.... just imagine your s/o coming home from work on a friday, tell him to jump in the shower and get dressed then jump in the car. then drive him to the "planned" destination. that will surely freshen things up. he will like the surprise.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• when you find out please let me know!
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 2:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i do not do anything. Although a surprise romantic thought has come to mind. One time I rented a motel and had champagne chilling a rose pedals on the bed.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2011