what is the toughest situation you have been through in your life? how did you cope?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 2:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I have been through 3 marriages that broke up. I have been through a bi-polar teenager, who seemed bent on self destruction. I have been through the death of a parent, my Mom, 5 years ago on Feb. 15. But the absolute hardest situation is the death of my only son, on Jan 5, of this year. I have been coping by leaning on all of my friends and family who have gathered around me with their love and prayers. And, I have a strong relationship with the Lord, that I have been so grateful for this past week. I find that by thinking of January 5, as being my son's 2nd birthday, this was the day he was born into heaven on angels wings,I can deal with it all a little easier.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Probably when my mom died back in October 2010. Doctors fucked up and didn't do the liver function test like they said they did and she died of liver failure.The hardest part of that coping is I was a perfect match for her and I could have donated a piece of my liver and that would have saved her life.The med coverage she had wouldn't approve the live donor transplant. She died while waiting for her liver. She was 57 yr old. I am doing better then I was. Although I still cry sometimes with really no reason except the obvious. Right now I am going day to day, and just still trying not too be so angry at God anymore. Most of the time u just have to let time do what time does best, and go with the flow. Talk to people about the sitution, cause it is helpful, although it my DH to make me think straight. But talking does help, and its easier the more u talk about it. Maybe like a support group that the people there have been there
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It is when we went through a large amount of debt. Now we r going through job loss!!! It is hard but we do the best we can!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• just one? i have too many too count.. but the worst thing of all was being abandoned by my parents. still hurts and ill probably never get over it.
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 2:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• when my mom died. it was hard but i have a very supportive family
    mandasue0678

Answer by mandasue0678 at 3:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• When I miscarried in 04. It literally took me 2 years to stop blaming God and to accept that things happen for a reason. It hurt because most people would tell me because I miscarried early on, "At least you didn't get a chance to get attached to it."

"to it" ??? Once I knew I was pregnant I believed with all my heart it was my little girl. Within a week I had already bought clothes, pictures for her room, toys. Yes I was attached.

But as I said things happen for a reason. Here I am 7 years later with my DD and she means the world to me.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I was in the San Francisco earthquake in 1989. My vehicle was destroyed, I saw some stuff you can't unsee and I was homeless for a while. I lived in a shelter for a few months and worked as a waitress in a comedy club and as a street musician to save money. Eventually, I started doing stand-up and that was a great way to blow off the stress. While it was certainly difficult, I believe the experience helped shape who I eventually became.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• too many to count*
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 2:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Mine was my anoxic brain injury. I went into the hospital on my third knee surgery, a day surgery. I was supposed to go in and come home the same day. When I woke up I was on life support. It seems as if on a daily basis a big eraser chases me. I have short term brain injury which affects all new things. I remember everything before my brain injury but lose all new information. I everyday must get through, and each day is a challenge. Some day I pray I will be able to function and except the things I cannot change.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2011