I feel like I have SO many choices to make (what kind of diapers, bottles, wipes etc) how does everyone manage this??

junemommie2b

Asked by junemommie2b at 2:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use huggies diapers and wipes they r the best and the softest against baby skin. Bottles,they have these bottles u can put baby food in,they r great! Regular bottles r good! Glass bottles r too heavy for baby to hold by themselves.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i always buy the cheapest diapers and wipes...the walmart brand (parents choice) and the target brand (up & up) work just as good and pampers or huggies and are waaayyy cheaper. i also have discovered that our dollar store (the dollar tree) carries baby wipes, they have care bears on them are really good, they are soft and sturdy. with bottles both my kids would only use the Avent or the NUK ones, that i learned from trial and error. GL!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My pediatrician always had great advice, but don't sweat it. There's no right way. You'll find what works for you and your baby. Babies adapt a lot better than adults do. They're a lot sturdier than they look too. You won't scar your child for life if you don't get the "correct" wipes. The important thing is to breastfeed if you can, make sure they have regular visits to a pediatrician, and to enjoy as many moments of the baby stage as you can because it passes so quickly.
    bradymommy

Answer by bradymommy at 4:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Take things one at a time. There is no urgency about any of it. Relax the best you can and enjoy this special time.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Find what works for you, and screw what anyone else says.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I bought cheap whips, but I bought huggies diapers, (I would send Luvs to daycare tho for them to use during the day) and with bottles I asked around my group of friends who had kids, I listend to other parents suggestions thats helps so much! But dont stress it, everything will work out and go with whatever you feel comforatble with or what you like...good luck
    AlliesMommy807

Answer by AlliesMommy807 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• well, people gave me diapers. all different kinds. i didn't open them until he was born. i used 1 pampers on him, he broke out. i used off brand, he peed through. i used huggies, they worked awsome. so i took it back to the store and switched them all out to huggies. as long as you've only used 1 diaper out of the pack, you can return it and switch it out. at walmart anyway.

my kids didn't break out with any wipes, so i just run to sam's club and get a big box of Members Mark, it's unscented, alcohol free. it lasts me for about 6 months,.

bottles, i used Vent Air. my MIL bought me A-Vent, but that GAVE my kid gas instead of keeping it away. Vent Air worked wonders. they've created a new look though..dd had to use the new ones, and i'm not reallly impressed with them, but they worked. you just gotta take it all apart when washing, or it will leak. i ended up giving her the dollar store ones too. gas wasn't a problem
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• A lot of what u do is trial and error. I have tried several different kinds of bottles some have different nipples that your baby may or may not like. We have tried many different diapers and so far most of the name brands work the same.I have not had a good experience with some of the off brand diapers because some leak. We use unscented wipes.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Well, most pregnant women focus on and obsess over one item at a time. Which sling/carrier to get, what kind of diapers fit their needs, what kind of carseat, etc.. etc... But, the truth is that you don't need very much for a baby. I learned that when my second made a surprise arrival and we had little more than a highchair and a bathseat.

Really, you can obsess over everything, but baby doesn't care. All they need is a clean bottom, a warm breast and to be close to mom. Everything else is for mom's convenience and you will figure out what will work for you when baby comes.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I agree that it's a lot of trial and error. I registered for/ bought a variety of diapers at first to find a kind I liked best. I personally prefer Pampers diapers and I buy cheap wipes. All wipes are good but try them out and see what you and your baby seem to like. As far as bottles go you are going to want to start with a slow flow bottle. Soothie brand makes bottles with the same nipple as the pacifiers they give out at most hospitals( the green ones) I like the and so does my son but i have heard good things about Nuk too. Just look for slow flow to start! :) I hope this helps! Just take it slow and relax, the more relaxed you are the more relaxed your baby will be! Good luck with your little one!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 4:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011