have you been cheated on? how did you learn to trust again? would u ever trust 100% again?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Loaded question!! ! lol The guy I was gona marry cheated on me, whats even worse, I caught him!! He was cheating on me with my BFF! Well needless to say I went ballistic.......If I didn't come home early cause I was sick, it probably wouldn't change that fact either. I picked up a vase that was worth approx $5000 or so (family was "old money" in New Orleans) and I hit him on the head with it. knocking him out. The I preceeded to beat the hell out my bff. Ummm she got a broken jaw (not completly my fault there really!!) stitches on her cheek, no clothes cause I threw them into the fireplace lol. But as for trusting?? I didn't date anyone unless it had batteries, for about 6 yrs. I am married, been with him for 10 yrs and I now trust him 100% he has given me no signs of cheating on me, so I let go and haven't regretted it at all.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have been and it sucked. Trusting took a long time and I made a lot of bad decisions before I got over it (not the right wording)

I eventually turned in to the semi-adjusted person that I am today.

Opie99

Answer by Opie99 at 3:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My ex cheated on me...really badly. He even thought that I was blind and didn't notice. I was pregnant and was beside myself.......so sad!!! Well, I ended up losing the baby (preterm labor) and he showed even then, that he was an asshole........telling me that it bothered him because I cried so much...........asshole. Anyway, i have been with Danny for 6 1/2 years and I trust him completely....with every last ounce of my being. I hope he trusts me the same. I would never ever betray his trust. We have a beautiful daughter together and we are best friends.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yes but it take me a long time to trust some one again
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 7:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i dont think so because your going to always have that guilty feeling in your heart.
    poohbear18282

Answer by poohbear18282 at 2:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• GUILTY??? feel guilty when the s/o cheated? i think not....
    gwen20

Comment by gwen20 (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yes an i have not trusted him i just left the relationship because hewould say ow he wanted someone that was gone be faithful an when he got that he end up cheatin with his ex while i was pregnant with his child an then he gave me a std so i had to leave
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 3:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have been cheated on...and whilst I do trust him I am not sure what made us trust eachother again. I think it was a combination of him realising what he had done and what he had thrown away. Also, a lot of time passed between the cheating and us reconciling so he really did feel cut off from us (althoguh he did see our daughters regularly). He saw how much pain he caused and how insecure he made me. He knows how fragile I can be and honestly, i think he is scared to do something like that again as it would finish us and it would finish me.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 7:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes, I have been cheated on. Ironically, I was always the one who was distrusted. I've forgiven him and I've learned to trust him again in many ways becaue I made a choice to move on. However, It's not 100% and I don't know if I could ever trust 100% again. I've always been sceptical when it comes to men anyway.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I was cheated on. I didn't have a hard time trusting again because I knew it was about the person that cheated on me, not men in general. I do have a hard time counting on other people, so that may be some sort of carry-over from the cheating - I don't know.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2011