should i leave my baby father because i lost my mucus plug and i told him to stay close to home just in case i have to go to the er.... Now hes nowhere to be found........UGH

poohbear18282

Asked by poohbear18282 at 2:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think that in itself is a reason to leave him, but you might want to have a serious conversation about responsibilty
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• thanks i mean he know what situation um in and hes just gone up in leave...
    poohbear18282

Comment by poohbear18282 (original poster) at 3:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I had a similar problem with my ex. I started spotting when I was pregnant with my twins and I have a history of miscarriage. He left me at my mom's, told me to call him if anything changed, and then walked out the door to go visit his mom. For the record, I stayed with him for another 3 years, though someone that self absorbed never changes. It didn't work out, but now I have a good man in my life that treats me with the respect that I deserve and is there for my kids like their daddy never could be. It sounds like you have one foot out the door, which means this is not the only problem you've had with him being there for you during this pregnancy. If he's not there for your baby now, is he going to be there later, and can you accept it?
    bradymommy

Answer by bradymommy at 3:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• your right i am having alot of problems with him i already have one son by him.... but he seems not to care about what im going threw seems like his frensare more important
    poohbear18282

Comment by poohbear18282 (original poster) at 3:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• The problem with a lot of guys is the responsibility factor never has to hit home as long as the mother is in the picture. People don't change, they only become more like themselves. I don't see a change for him either, but the question is, are you ready to change? If you don't want a life time of this, then you have to make up your mind to do something about it. Otherwise, you're enabling him to disrespect you and you'll carry as much of the blame as he does.
    bradymommy

Answer by bradymommy at 3:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• YOU HAVE TO ASK ????

LEAVE HIS ASS !!!!

HE IS NO GOOD ?.......
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If he has a pattern of not being there for you I would certainly talk with him and explain that you can't be with someone you can't rely on. You may want to wait to actually leave until after you have the baby, right now your hormones are a factor as well, you know? Good luck to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• HA DAT WAS FUNNY I THINK I SHOULD AND I AM HES WORTHLESS
    poohbear18282

Comment by poohbear18282 (original poster) at 3:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Does he regularly up and leave you? If i was you I would wait until your baby arrives as the mucous plug is not an indication that baby is about to come...it means your body is prepping for birth but it could still be weeks. When are you due? Ive started to lose mine and now im 37 wks.

Your hormones could be making you feel more vulnerable and upset .. and you may need his help during the first few days of babyhood. Maybe seeing his child for the first time may give him the kick up the arse he needs to mature a little? Whatvever happens...make sure that he knows that if he wants to be a part of your lifes (either as your bf or just as a father) then he needs to be stable, reliable and consistant otherwise it will be harmful to your child.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 7:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Leave? What on earth are you thinking???? He is most likely not too comfortable with the word mucus plug. It is a scary time for the two of you. Ease up and relax a bit. I would think it would take a lot more than a mucus plug to separate. On a good note....it's almost time mommy!!!

storkMichelle

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011