anyone grew up without their mom? how did it affect you? will you ever get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I DID NOT...........

My son has a friend who did, In fact---He was told she tryed to abort him, and then tryed to kill him after he was born.

I do believe, he will NEVER, have a TRUE relatioship, with a woman....He does not completely trust anyone .
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My mother died when I was 14 of colon cancer. She was pretty sick before being diagnosed. She had a massive stroke the year prior. As far as getting over it, no, 22 years later, I still grieve her passing. I remember after she died I was unusually worried about my dad. If he came home late, I worried. IF he had to go to the doctor, etc. I was a basket case. I don't know how it really affects me now. I just hope the same thing does not happen to me because I want to see my kids grow up. I guess it did make me scared I would suffer the same fate.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I lost my dad suddenly aged 10, and lost my mum at 19. My mums children lost her aged 17, 12, 7 and 5. It has affected them all differently, particularly as we got no warning. There is a lot of anger, confusion and anxiety. The youngest two in particular are very clingy to me and always ask questions. I am their sister but they want to call me mummy so that they don't feel left out in class. That breaks my heart.

My mums death hit me hard as I inherited 4 extra children in addition to my 3 under 5s. I never really got much oppurtunity to deal with my own grief as our lives had to change so quickly and so dramatically. :(
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 7:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2011